What does a ARCA do?
An Adjustable Rear Control Arm (ARCA) determines the rear wheels' camber settings. This is important on vehicles that are lowered or frequent the track. Whereas the factory arms are adjustable, they have limited range because of the eccentric cam bolt design. While lightweight in design, the "BBQ Tong" design of the factory arms cannot withstand the continual pounding of track and street driving forever.
What about the factory arms?
Another undesirable (and overlooked) issue with the factory control arms inner mounting bushing itself. If a factory arm were to be replaced (because of damage or otherwise), it is important that the bushings are equally preloaded. Because Rogue Engineering's SPORT control arms do not use this style of rubber bushings, there is no chance of unequal bushing preload. This means that the suspension is allowed to move equally, freely, quietly, without any binding.
By design, the factory "cam" hardware to allow for camber adjustment has limited range of motion, allowing for only 1.0º. This is to allow the left and right side camber to be equal, more than to allow for additional adjustment for a performance benefit. With the Rogue Engineering ARCA greater range of adjustment, that extra bit of handling is available.
When a BMW is lowered, it can cause additional and unwanted negative camber (which leads to premature and uneven tire wear) which the factory rear control arms do not have the ability to dial out. Additionally, factory rear control arms are frequently damaged when an E36/E46 is towed by unknowing tow truck operators, who easily find the factory arms a convenient (but incorrect) location to secure the vehicle.
Kit includes two (2) complete arm assemblies. Professional installation recommended as an alignment is necessary to dial in the exact amount of negative camber.
Features and Benefits
Rogue Engineering SPORT ARCA Installed on E46 M3
(older version pictured)
- Lighter than stock, factory rear control arm, with more adjustability. (Factory arm is 1242g each, RE arm is 1065g each)
- Two piece design allows for easier adjustments (no adjustments required near the subframe, only near the wheel!)
- CNC'd 6061-T6 aluminum "fork" clevis end is lightweight, yet incredibly strong.
- High-strength, 3 piece, rod end (with carbon fiber reinforced, PTFE race) offers longer live for street use over standard rod ends
- Seals-it Rod End Seals keep dirt, water and other contaminants out (Rogue Engineering is the ONLY company to incorporate this simple, yet effective item to extend the life of the rod end!)
Made 100% in the USA, using 6061-T6 heat treated aluminum.
Fits the following vehicles:
- All E36 including M3 (not Z3 or 318ti)
- All E46 including M3 and xi
- All E85 MZ4 Coupe/Roadster